8.27.2011

dog days of summer

As summer is drawing to a close, I am attempting to savor it as much as humanly possible -- spent the morning at our local farmer's market, and finally made it to Market Day.  After finding some treasures and stuffing myself with a breakfast bowl, my boyfriend & I wandered over to an outdoor patio to enjoy some great music and bloody mary's. A perfect, relaxing Saturday after returning last Sunday from a whirlwind work trip that started off in Copenhagen, Denmark.  From Denmark, I left on a cruise which took me to Helsinki, Finland; St. Petersburg, Russia; Tallinn, Finland; and last but not least, Stockholm, Sweden. It's amazing to see all the different cultures and fashions, but there's nothing like waking up in your own bed, in your own house :)



vintage arm candy,a one-of-a-kind handmade ring made from a vintage spoon,
 & a "i left my heart in iowa" tray 
finds from Market Day


gorgeous view of downtown des moines


breathtaking flowers


not a trip to the farmer's market without a breakfast bowl


blue moon with a hint of orange scented soap?! you bet i bought some.



delish.

How will you spend the last days of summer?











No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover