9.21.2012

Easiest.Braid.Ever.

Pinterest, once again, has come to my rescue. I love a good fishtail braid as much as the next girl, especially after seeing them strurt their stuff alongside Tory Burch for NYFW. I followed these directions and was quite pleased with the results. 


Instructions

1) Pull your hair together to one side. Separate the hair above your hands and put your fore finger and thumb through the hole.

2) Grab the bottom of your hair and pull through the hole, this is what I call the "topsy-turvy" method. You will continue to repeat this step until you reach the bottom of your hair.


3) To make sure you don't have one big hole down the middle of your braid, put your fingers through one side of the last twist. It's kind of hard to explain but just make sure you don't repeat the step right through the middle each time.


4) Finish with a clear elastic!  


Make sure to tag me in your instagram or twitter feed {@_thebrunetteone} - I would love to see your inverted braids if you try them out!


{This is version #257343 of this video - I decided against posting the video of me chatting with you for a few minutes about being a fan of the snooze button which leads into never having time to do my hair, guilty of pinning things on pinterest but never following through on them, and screwing up this braid while attempting to talk through the instructions. I thought I would spare you all the embarrassment, this being on camera business is a rough job! :) }

3 comments:

Katie Wilkes said...

I absolutely love this! but I think I need my own full-time hair stylist because I CANNOT braid my own hair :(

elizabeth // The Now said...

Oooh I need to look at this after work. I am soooo horrible at doing my hair so I hope this truly is the easiest braid ever. xo

Unknown said...

That looks so cute!! I want to try it with my hair, I'm just crossing my fingers that it is long enough! PS- LOVE the video!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover