6.01.2012

Reader Question: Wedding Attire

A few days ago Sarah reached out to me and asked me to help style her for an upcoming wedding she is attending. She sent me a photo of this gorgeous yellow dress with a bit of lace detailing.  I suggested bright accessories with a funky, bold necklace or bright colored heels {she picked up a fun pair from TJ Maxx}.  Still deciding what to wear, she posted her top two options on her blog, Notes from Sarah Lagen.  Some feedback suggested that she shouldn't pick the LWD because it is the bride's day to wear white {which I agree - but how gorgeous is Sarah's dress - the cut of the back of the dress is amazing!!} - so she is leaning towards the yellow dress.  

Option #1


Option #2 

{TJ Maxx}

My pick!



TopShop Dress // Target Clutch // Kenneth Jay Lane Necklace // Call It Spring Heels

Which dress do you think she should wear?


{images 1-4}

5 comments:

Colette said...

I'm honestly dying to wear white to the multiple weddings I have this summer since it is so in...but I won't :) Love the yellow, Sarah!! And the shoes are fantastic! I've been racking my brain for wedding attire--definitely an excuse to hit up TJ's soon!

Taylor said...

No matter what - even if the bride is in a black wedding dress, I say no to white dresses as a guest! But its a very pretty white dress! Love the way you styled the yellow :)

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

Cathy said...

Definitely the yellow dress! I agree with the other comments about wearing white and aside from that, the yellow dress is just so pretty and fun :) Love the colorblocked shoes you picked to style with it!

@Cathy_Showan
http://cstyledesign.blogspot.com

Kelli said...

I agree- I am really traditional in the sense that white as a wedding guest is a big no! Luckily--- the yellow is TO DIE. So cute!

www.leopardandlavender.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the advice-- I can't wait to show you what I end up doing! So excited for tomorrow now!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover