10.22.2013

My Style: Mixing Cognac and Black

Anthropologie Dress // Fossil Sweater {Similar} // Gap Tights // Steve Madden Boots {Similar} // 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target Purse // Bauble Bar Necklace

For years I've been on the hunt for the perfect leather mini skirt. About a month ago I came across this dress at Anthropolgie and instantly fell in love {and thanks to this pin, I knew exactly how I would first style it}. While this dress was an investment for my closet {I'm trying to shop less at places like Forever 21 and pick out more investment pieces that I'll have for years to come. It's all about the cost per wear, right?}, I already know this will get a lot of wear this upcoming fall and winter. I love dressing it up as a skirt, but can't wait to pair it with a blazer or layer it over a button up. 

Shop the Look







6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love a good mix of cognac and black, this is so chic!

Tomissa said...

Stunning. I agree with making bigger purchases if you know you'll be wearing the item for years and years to come.

Anonymous said...

What a perfectly put together fall look. We love leather skirts/dresses and agree that you should invest in quality pieces - especially with something like this! Love your look.

These skulls are just what you need to get in the Halloween spirit!

http://bit.ly/1bc2WNR

Anonymous said...

I too am trying to purchase investment pieces as opposed to cheaper XXI pieces. The price per use is definitely a smarter way to shop! Love that you layered over the top of this dress - such a pretty color combo!

Nikki said...

I love cognac and black together. It looks so chic! Love that leather skirt.

Nikki
thefashionablewife.com

Unknown said...

SO gorgeous. I love this combo. And can we talk about those nails?! love your mani!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover